Alliance Fencing Academy promotes good sportsmanship on and off the strip, as well as an opportunity to train with the area’s finest coaches and international level athletes.
Alliance Fencing Academy
Fencing Instruction, Classes, and Lessons
in Houston and Woodlands
The elegant sport of fencing, always popular in Europe, is now gaining phenomenal popularity in the United States and in the Greater Houston area. Many Americans are discovering the benefits of fencing such as helping young people gain admission and scholarships to prestigious universities as well as providing a life-long sport in which physique and age are not limitations. Fencing is often referred to as Physical Chess. It develops both your mind and body.
What are the benefits of fencing?
- Fencing is an Olympic Sport
- Fencing is an NCAA Sport helping young people to gain admission and scholarships to prestigious US universities
- Fencing provides PE Credit Hours for Middle School and High School Students
Why choose Alliance Fencing Academy?
Because at Alliance Fencing Academy, we’re focused on providing a rewarding experience that will build confidence, reinforce teamwork and inspire the personal growth necessary for your child to take the next step in life.
- Alliance is largest and most successful epee club in nation with over 300 fencers who practice daily in two locations in Houston and in The Woodlands
- Alliance is home for two London Olympics bronze medalists and Rio Olympians sisters Courtney and Kelley Hurley
- Alliance is home for the Cadet World Champions Ariel Simmons and Sean Wilson, Senior and Junior World Cup Champion Anna Van Brummen, Senior World Cup Finalist Jack Hudson, and several other cadet and junior world championship medalists
- Alliance is home for the U.S. Olympic Team Coach Andrey Geva whose primary responsibility is to lead the women’s epee teams for the upcoming Olympics. Coach Geva was named by the US Olympic Committee as the 2006 Developmental Coach of the Year
- Alliance is home for high professional level coaches from Cuba, Germany, France, Israel, Kazakhstan, Russia, and the U.S.
- Many of our fencers have received athletic and academic scholarships in the top US universities. Alliance fencers have been selected to represent NCAA fencing teams at Princeton, Stanford, Columbia, Duke, UPenn, Northwestern, Penn State, Brandeis, Temple, the Air Force Academy, etc.
- Our fencers earned over 30 medals in various international competitions including world championships events
- 32 are USA national champions and over 30 are in the national points standings
- Over 200 fencers have earned classification letters from “E” to “A” at the different local and national tournaments.